Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Wordless

I can sit at my computer for hours and work; of course I'd rather be shopping, keeping up with my March Madness Brackets or even surfing. All of which I can do from the comfort of my desk. Research indicates that women speak 20,000 to 25,000 words per day while men top out around 10,000. Why do I feel like my word count icon would be in the 35,000+ range?

Speaking I have covered. Blogging? This is a whole new world. The spoken word pours out of me at a rate only seconded by the wings of a hummingbird; the written word flows as fast as my fingers can type. Then why is it difficult to find the words to write my first blog?

Maybe the world is too small. When I was 18 years old I spent 1 year and a half living in Bangkok Thailand . Calling home to America cost a fortune and I was a terrible letter writer. Now I turn on the laptop crank up the video camera and I'm chatting to the other side of the world in minutes, basically free. We've come a long way.

Shouldn't your first blog be memorable? Something witty and insightful that will keep the throngs returning to the site. Witty will have to come later.

I want to be life changing. I want my life to effect those around me in a positive way.

Keep reading my blogs and join me on my journey.


Kim Angela

No comments: